Beach is the endless inspiration for us to regain the lost energy and revitalize the whole body. When standing in front of beaches, we say out loud the inner worries and get them alleviated. The sorrow will be taken far away, peace and energy are kept. So if you are looking for the ideally quiet beach-based destination, Sihanoukville is the very good option to take into account.
Highlights of Sihanoukville tourism
Sihanoukville is the coastal city in Cambodia that is settled at the tip of an elevated peninsula in the southwest of the country at the Gulf of Thailand. The city is bordered by the long string of beaches that have attracted a number of Asia’s tourists, students, and backpackers worldwide. Sihanoukville (also called Krong Preah Seihanu) is the Cambodia’s gem where the best-known beaches are found in along seaside town.
To serve the tourists, hundreds of hotels and guest houses have been built. In 2014, it was measured that the Sihanoukville destination covers an international 5-star resort, some mid-range accommodations on beaches and dozens of affordable guest houses as well as bungalow resorts. During the peak seasons, it’s necessary to book the accommodation in advance. Anyhow, the infrastructure of this destination needs upgrading to fit the increasing demands of the visitors in the future. Read ” Where to stay in Sihanoukville Cambodia? ”
Once again, Sihanoukville is best famous for its stretch of the pristine beaches. On the weekend and holidays, the untamed beaches welcome numerous beach fanciers. They are mostly clean enough to feast the travelers’ eyes. Here are some of the best beaches that are worth swimming: Victory Beach, Independence Beach, Sokha Beach, Ochheuteal Beach, Serendipity Beach, and Otres Beach.
Beside Beaches, Sihanoukville Has What to Please You
The beaches are the keys of Sihanoukville. Everybody knows that. Besides, you should always never miss the other highlights of the land. We have attempted to list them out for you.
- Kampong Pier Nup Lok – The old fishing port where you get the absolutely nice view over the natural scenes.
- Ream National Park – The dramatic mangrove nature reserve where you enjoy the perfect walking tour or bike tour.
- Koh Russei (Bamboo Island) – The evergreen island full of bamboo trees that feast your eyes with the endless green scenes.
- Buddy Land Water Park – The first and exceptional Water Park in Sihanoukville in which your culinary demands are fulfilled by tornado potato with either BBQ flavor or onion flavor, Angkor Beer, etc.
In Sihanoukville, Cambodia, the tourists are motivated to enjoy a wide range of entertainment activities such as scuba diving, jet ski, golfing, riding, etc. You can choose to visit the Fitness Resort Sihanoukville, Golden Spa & Massage, or Mollie Golf Mini Golf to add the spice to your Cambodia Tours.
When it comes to the dining time, you can freely find various food stalls and restaurants lied along the beaches. Expect to relish the grilled meat, chicken, and seafood together with chips/fries and the beer. It may costs you about US$3-4 only. In Sihanoukville, the gastronomes can savor the diverse sets of cuisines. Some even feel surprised at the fantastic tastes of the Sihanoukville foods and drinks. Just get immersed into the heavenly seascapes, and you will soon see the light of comfort.
Click to see full tips on Sihanoukville !
- 2019.07.16BlogCambodia Itinerary 2 Weeks: How to Discover the Whole Kingdom of Khmer
- 2019.05.17BlogCambodia Itinerary 1 Week Off-the-beaten-track Proposal for Bikers
- 2019.05.01BlogCambodia Itinerary 6 Days: The Best Trip from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
- 2019.04.16BlogCambodia Itinerary 4 Days: Top Things to See in Siem Reap