Cambodia appeals to travelers worldwide thanks to the unique, imposing Angkor archaeological sites, primitive nature, and friendly Khmer people. Besides, the country is noted for the appetizing food, architecture, and peace. Sometimes, the slow-paced and simple lifestyle of the residents makes the new guests refreshed and relaxed. If you are finding some notes for your travel to Cambodia from Italy, the following bits are the right place to get started. It is for those interested in Cambodia.
This country of Indochina region takes pride to introduce the UNESCO heritage of Angkor Wat to the world day after day. In the magnificent archaeological park, there stand out lots of temple ruins to contemplate. Besides the Angkor in Siem Reap, Cambodia is lucky to possess the attractive sites of Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville, Koh Kong Island, Tonle Sap Lake, Kampong Speu, Koh Ker Temple, etc. Each tourist highlight offers the exceptional nature and culture for the travelers from Italy to discover. Memories can last long when you visit some Khmer villages, heritages, or beaches in Cambodia. Even the fastidious travelers coming from beautiful Italy find it sure to leave Cambodia with delight and an impressive photo album. Almost every corner of the country can create the nice pictures.
Visa for Citizens of Italy to Cambodia
The Italian passport holders are required to enter Cambodia with a visa. The matter of “Cambodia Visa Italy” can be solved via one of the ways below.
(1) You visit the Cambodia Embassy in the nearest area to your home country to apply for the paper visa. Note that there is no Cambodia Embassy in Italy now. With the paperwork procedure, you must bring your original passport (with the minimum 06-month validity before your entry date), the completed visa application form, your passport-sized photos, and cash for paying the fee in the office. After you submit the necessary documents, wait around 3-5 business days later to obtain the paper Visa to Cambodia.
(2) You make use of Cambodia Visa on Arrival. This way, you get the Visa when you arrive at the International airports of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap or some applicable border crossing checkpoints. Upon your arrival, your visa should be stamped and then use your cash to pay the stamping fee on the spot to finish the procedure for Cambodia Visa on Arrival Italy. The single entry visa to Cambodia is likely to cost US$30 for the length of stay is 30 days.
(3) You employ modern service of eVisa to Cambodia. It’s highly recommended to utilize this convenient way at your pleasure by visiting the authentic website of Cambodia Ministry of Foreign Affairs at https://www.evisa.gov.kh/ The onsite guide will tell you some steps to do to get the eVisa for the Italian citizens easily.
Flights to Cambodia from Italy
With the valid visa on hand, be confident to book your flight from Italy to Cambodia as soon as possible. As usual, the sooner you book, the more you can save and the better option you select. Claim that you fly from Rome Airport to Siem Reap Airport, then it’s possible to work with China Eastern Airlines (via Shanghai), Etihad Airways (via Abu Dhabi and Bangkok), Vietnam Airlines (via Paris and Ho Chi Minh City or via Frankfurt and Hanoi), Emirates (via Dubai and Bangkok), Air France (via Paris and Bangkok), or British Airways (via London and Bangkok). Certainly, there are various other choices for your selection based on departure airport, arrival airport, airfares, and schedule. You are sure to find the adequate flights from your home country to the appealing Cambodia.
Cambodia Travel Packages for the Travelers from Italy
Dozens of Cambodia travel packages from Italy might make the inexperienced or the first-time Italian travelers find it troublesome to sort out those of the most compatible choices. If you ask, our answer is to please consider the tour packages to Cambodia in 6-8 days. The itineraries in 6-day Tour or 8-day Tour are just perfect for the foreigners. In most packages, you will encounter places to visit in Cambodia including Angkor Temples, City of Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville Beaches, Tonle Sap Lake, Koh Kong Island, or Mondulkiri Jungle. The outstanding itineraries should include the highly-ranked sites to attract the foreign guests. Certainly, the top sites are worth visiting and admiring for all good reasons.
The excellent Cambodia travel itinerary will not only let you enjoy sightseeing Cambodia but also touch and feel the country in an exciting manner. This means you are sure to have opportunities to play and experience during 6 or 8 days. Say that you are in Siem Reap. Then, things to do must be the Angkor temple visit on foot (or by bike), watch Apsara dance, explore the protected bird sanctuaries, or feel the lifestyle in local fishing villages. When it arrives at Sihanoukville, the water activities become the best memories when you laugh, be free and delightful. On the other hand, if you love venturing into the off-the-beaten-track landscapes, come to Mondulkiri or Kampong Speu to enjoy trekking authentically.
The packages will be incomplete if you don’t try some Khmer food. The real dining experience in restaurants or local families teaches you much about their eating etiquette and typical dishes. Appreciate your chances to do what the locals do and eat in the Cambodia styles. The residents tend to include rice, grilled freshwater fish, soups, and vegetables in their daily menus. Make sure you ask for jasmine-scented rice to smell how fragrant it is once cooked.
Cambodian Food for the Italian Foodies
As noted, a standard meal in Cambodia should cover the rice, freshwater fish, soup, and vegetables. Amongst those, the freshwater fish is delectable and truly fresh enough to be processed deliciously. Sometimes, it’s grilled, and in the other times, people might steam the fish in the banana leaves (called Fish Amok). Many chefs also like to make fish soup (Samlor Machu Trey) for the visitors. More interestingly, Cambodia has the insect food widely found in the local markets at night and street food stalls. Many foreigners like to take pictures of them instead of eating, but some brave foodies dare to know the tastes.
People see also:
- 2018.04.23BlogHow to Get to Battambang Cambodia – Ways to Be There from Phnom Penh or Siem Reap
- 2018.04.16BlogHomestay Kep Cambodia at Kepmandou and Other Nice Addresses
- 2018.04.08BlogCambodia Floating Village Homestay for Beautiful Time on Kampong Luong
- 2018.04.02BlogHow to Get to Sihanoukville Cambodia for Fantastic Beach Vacation